Things we want to include:
* Tarsium is the centre of the known world
- Everything bleeds – internally consistent biology.
- Magic – Different species have different magics, but it is invariable based in patterns of one sort or another.
- Showboating: Gladiators aren’t usually slaves – they are celebrities, often nominated by the Faiths.
- Alchemy and arquebus – Gunpowder is known and used, by firearms are crude, heavy things, limted to use by the standing armies that the six members of the Council raise to protect the city.
Things we wanted to avoid:
- No killing other PC’s – it’s PVP, but you attack other PC’s gladiators / interests, rather than them.
- No wizard supremacy – magic is just one tool that is used, not a miracle “fix-all”.
- No magic in the ring – you can use magic to buff your gladiators, but can’t use magic to assault your opponents.
- No interventionist gods – gods are said to communicate via visions sent to the faithful, rather than miracles and avatars.
- No trad fantasy. Put a new spin on it, find a strange flavour.